Sunday 17 October 2010

Sunday morning treasures....






There was a time when I used to hate Sundays. They were filled with the dreaded back to school/work feeling and headaches from too much partying the night before. That was until I discovered the wonders of car boot sales thanks to my lovely boyfriend!

Yes, you have to get up ridiculously early on a weekend and get wrapped up warm and be prepared for rain….but when you discover some unknown treasure its definitely worth the effort.

I just love trawling the stalls looking at people’s unwanted junk, with the waft of hot tea and bacon butties filling my nose. There is something about the anticipation of spotting something unique and special that I can bring home without it breaking the bank.

Above are some photos of my recently purchased treasures bought at different local car boot sales, mixed with items I've picked up in charity shops. I have had to start putting a limit on how much cash I take with me as our little house is rapidly filling up with vintage furniture and trinkets, never mind my bulging wardrobe.

I just can’t resist a bargain!

Modern Milly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment