Wednesday 13 October 2010

Biba is back!







(Top to bottom)

Deco beaded batwing blouse ₤95.00
Feather cape ₤50.00
Velvet hareem pants ₤95.00
Gold and black diamond large logo pendant ₤1500.00


Visiting House of Fraser stores around the country, I couldn’t fail to notice the huge window campaigns showcasing the arrival of the newly revamped, British iconic brand Biba.

I was so excited to check out the new collections, expecting some beautiful vintage inspired designs but what I found was something different altogether. Although there are hints of the brands ethos and certain pieces that I fell in love with at first sight, the new collection has had a 21st Century makeover and is most definitely catered towards a more commercial market.

The new collection spans from every day wear and denims, through to full blown evening wear, fine jewellery and accessories. The ad campaign is fronted by the gorgeous Daisy Lowe to inject that touch of modern day cool. To find out more info about the collection and also view behind the scenes footage of Daisy Lowe shooting the ad campaign and look book, visit www.mybiba.com

My favourite pieces are shown above and are all available to buy online at www.houseoffraser.co.uk. I’ve totally fallen in love with the Deco beaded batwing blouse but at ₤95.00 it’s a tad on the pricey side. As for the gold and black diamond necklace, well a girl can only dream!

Anyway after having a good look at the new collection and revamp of the brand image, I have to admit that I personally prefer Biba circa 2007, when the designer Bella Freud was heading up the team. Although the price points were well up there with other designer brands at the time and therefore well out of my buying league, I feel that Bella’s designs captured the vintage inspired look to perfection and I instantly coveted every piece. This time around I’m not entirely convinced but it will be interesting to see how the brand does in today’s market.

What do you think? To Biba or not to Biba?!

Modern Milly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment