Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Spoon Cafe, Glasgow...a lovely brew and a good cause too!







I went for a bit of an explore yesterday during my work visit to Glasgow and came across an area surrounding a street called Trongate. It’s home to lots of cool creative businesses, art galleries, cute cafes and boutique-y type shops (as well as the odd pound shop and old man pub but hey you get them everywhere!).

As I was wandering, I peered through the window of a café that from the outside didn’t look anything out of the ordinary. However a very nice vintage mirror and starburst clock hanging on the wall immediately caught my eye so I went in to investigate further.

To my delight the interior of the café was right up my style street with an eclectic mix of vintage style knik-knaks and paraphenalia adorning the walls. So of course I had to stay and sample the tea and cakes!

As I sat drinking my lovely brew from a cute, flowery teacup and saucer I learned a bit more about the café itself. It is actually being ran in partnership with Glasgow Community Planning Ltd and is all for a good cause.

The Travelling Spoon run a training project for young people and for adults who have learning or physical difficulties. They are given pre vocational work experience in a busy catering environment. It helps individuals to focus on what they want to do, learn new skills and give them the confidence to move into work either directly or via further education.
By visiting The Travelling Spoon and ordering from their catering service you are supporting Unity Enterprise and allowing them to continue to fund new and existing projects throughout Scotland’


The Spoon Café, 46 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5ES
0141 559 5515

What a fantastic idea and I have to say the service and food were very nice indeed….I shall definitely be returning on my next stay in Glasgow!

Can’t beat a lovely cuppa tea!
Modern Milly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment