Thursday 2 December 2010

Lunch at Avoca, Belfast City


For the past 2 years I have been visiting Belfast for work and have many a time walked past a lovely looking store called Avoca but not had time to explore. The brightly dressed window styling and displays of cute home-ware really sparked my curiosity so last week myself and my work friend Suzi, finally ventured inside for a good look around and a spot of lunch in their cosy, warm café.

Avoca sell an array of pretty homeware, fashion and accessories and also house a deliciously stocked foodhall situated next to their quirkily decorated café. Think Cath Kidston crossed with Anthropologie and you kind of get the idea of what Avoca is all about.


Image taken from Avoca website.

The food on offer in the café consists of yummy homemade recipes, some of which are included in their new cookbook ‘A Year at Avoca’.

I went for a light dish which was grilled goats cheese with a rocket and pumpkin seed salad served with a peach dressing followed by a pot of tea and the biggest, fluffiest fruit scone I’ve ever seen! It was absolutely scrummy!



Suzi opted for a thirst quenching elderflower presse which looked so pretty and a warming bowl of butternut squash, coconut and coriander soup with homemade bread. Again delicious and not too pricey either.



Unfortunately I didn’t have any spare room in my suitcase to indulge in some shopping but that was definitely a good thing for my bank balance. Oh well maybe next trip!

For more information visit their website www.avoca.ie

Modern Milly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment