Friday 28 January 2011

Lovely bit of Lace...

Another trend that seems to be emerging for SS11 is a bit of the old 'Romance' especially the use of lace. With Valentines Day around the corner I thought this might be appropriate.

I know that lace can look tacky when produced cheaply and garments designed wrongly however when used in the right context it can be really beautiful and eye-catching. The catwalk looks at Erdem for SS11 were some of my favourites. Beautifully crafted dresses that look both elegant and delicate. The red one is really beautiful!



As I dont have the funds to treat myself to one of the above I have had a little look online for some lacey treasures that are more in my price range and below are my favourite picks!



Lace and ribbon collar from Urban Outfitters ₤28.00. Shop here.



Navy lace shell top from Dorothy Perkins ₤22.00. Shop here.



Lace skirt with belt from River Island ₤24.99. Shop here.



Tights all ₤12.00 from Topshop. Shop here.



'Erdem look-a-like' Cream lace dress from Topshop ₤48.00.Shop here.



Navy Peter Pan Collar crop lace blouse from Topshop ₤28.00. Shop here.



Burgundy lace shorts from Warehouse ₤35.00. Shop here.

It seems like all of my posts lately have been fashion based but as I am working out on the road again in the next couple of weeks I'm really looking forward to doing some more exploring. I also hope to start shooting some street style now that I have some cards to give out courtesy of the fantastic Smashingbird! Thanks again my lovely, they are fab!

Have a great weekend all!

Modern Milly xx

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome sweetie! I rather like the lace shorts...

    ReplyDelete