Thursday 4 November 2010

Tasty bit of Bread and Butter...



I was wandering around the Northern Quarter in Manchester yesterday continuing on my mission to find somewhere interesting to have my lunch and stumbled across a little place called Bread and Butter hidden away on Tib Street.

The bright pink façade and array of delicious looking cakes in the window caught my eye and with the threat of rain rumbling above and my lack of umbrella, I hurried inside.

I opted for the homemade soup of the day which was spicy parsnip served with a choice of bread and butter (no pun intended!) and settled down in a corner to read this weeks copy of the Stylist. Which I have to say had an amazing pic of Alexa Chung, 60’s style, on the cover looking fab!



The eclectic décor is a bit mismatched and almost shabby in places but this added to the atmosphere and the friendly banter from behind the counter couldn’t help put a smile on my face.

I still had a bit of room to spare so I decided to try one of the yummy looking chocolate and pear cupcakes and a nice cuppa tea. Delicious!

It certainly brightened up my rainy day!

Modern Milly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment